Friday, April 20, 2012

Fingernails

 www.howtobeadad.com
As I have been a mother for approximately 8 months, three weeks and three days I have faced plenty of challenges; but the worst of all are fingernails. If ever asked what I hate most about motherhood I will use this eleven letter word without even thinking a second thought. Hunter has this thing where he likes to grab what little skin I have under my neck, twist and pull it with his razor sharp nails while smiling at me. I recently came across this chart on deadliest edged weapons from a blog I read. It fully describes the power of the fingernail.


www.amazon.com
This would not be such an issue in my life if Hunter would let me trim his nails, but he doesn't. I try to get him to fall asleep in my arms to cut his nails, but then it's too dark. I then turn on the light to see, but then he wakes up. It has been a never ending battle. But then, one glorious day I was looking on Amazon baby and came across the world's best invention: fingernail clippers with a built-in led light. I can now trim Hunter's nails in the dark and he has no idea what is even happening! The last couple weeks of my life have been heaven. His fingernail weapons have been detonated. The world can now sleep in peace once more.

3 comments:

  1. I think it's funny that it your cover photo there seems to be a scratch on your neck matching the description of what Hunter does to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. unless of course that's a hicky! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rosa, if you had a husband as hot as Jared....

    ReplyDelete