Thursday, March 1, 2012

Chopped Up Liver

In the permanent sleep deprived state that I am in, my dreams have been a little on the crazy side. Last night, my dreams went to a whole new level of crazy. It was the first time that I am glad Hunter woke up hungry to snap me out of the lingering trance that the dream put me in.

Jared and I were deep into the heart of Alaska hiking along a beautiful glacier fed river. There were bald eagles soaring high above our heads, clouds scattered across the horizon and the sound of the river soothing our souls. It was a perfect day. As we approached a particular part on the river bed I stepped onto a sand bar that rose above the icy waters. I had an assignment for a class I was taking that asked me to count how many steps it took to get to the end of the river. I started walking along the sandbars trying to avoid the water as I counted each step.

Eventually I had to step into the water to keep counting. It was frigid, but for some reason it didn't even bother me. As I hit a deep part of the water I started swimming determined to get to a shallow part to finish my assignment. As I swam I found myself swimming along two cute little rambunctious kids who were enjoying the icy refreshment of the river. Jared was was sitting on dry land waiting for me to finish my assignment while finishing his latest audio book. As soon as we went around the river bend, just outside of Jared's eye sight, the two adorable kids started getting closer to me. I then noticed a crazy dark look in their eyes. They started laughing a deep evil laugh as they circled me. I felt my throat tighten as they closed in the gap between us. "We are going to chop up your liver into little pieces and then take out each of your organs until you die," they chanted. Then they grabbed a huge knife out from the water lunged towards me, and started attacking.

At that very moment Hunter, woke up saving my life. I walked to his room, shaking, ready to forget this horrible dream. I definitely am not going to be swimming in any glacier fed rivers in the near future. I love my liver all in one piece.

P.S. This picture is a close depiction of the river I was hiking in my dreams. I took it right outside of Seward, Alaska in 2007.

2 comments:

  1. haha JT and I have a tradition that helps us remember to write in our journals...when we have a weird dream, we write it down and then write down the interpretation according to the dream dictionary dreammoods.com. At first it was kind of a hilarious joke, but now some of my best insights into my life come after looking up what my dream symbolizes on some crappy website lol. It can be freaky accurate sometimes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scary! I like the determination to finish the school assignment though. School stuff shows up a lot in my dreams too.

    ReplyDelete